We specialize in Major Residential Rot and Water Damage Repair
Here are the facts….Did you know?
Did you know that approximately 90 percent of homes bordering coastal waters, and even those properties slightly inland, experience some type of water intrusion annually?
This can be a result of large storms with driving wind or may be caused by something as small as everyday moisture in the air.
Did you know that wind-driven water at 40 mph moves 4 inches up, left, and right when hitting a vertical surface?
This means openings in siding, corners, around windows and doors, are prime places for water to enter the structure. An unsuspecting homeowner may not even be aware of it until visual evidence appears on walls or moldings in the home. That evidence is generally in the form of mold on drywall and moldings, as well as water stains and even standing water on window sills or flooring.
Did you know that unfortunately, many of the homes built in these areas are not constructed to prevent such water intrusion? The causes?
- Poor water-proofing practices caused by improper framing techniques
- Inadequate materials not suitable for preventing water entering the structure
- Poor application of water prevention materials.
In short, best building practices inland DO NOT apply to coastal areas!
DID YOU KNOW….?
…THE MOST COMMON PLACE for water intrusion is the connection between the deck and the home!
This area accounts for more than 80% of the problem of rot in coastal structures. Use of proper flashing and materials are a MUST at this connection.
Areas for concern:
- Exterior Caulking – Is it pliable, not cracking, and have full coverage?
- Windows and doors – Do they have proper flashing above and around? (**keep in mind any additional trim around them such as 1 x 4 accent boards are just another place that needs to be checked for waterproofing techniques.)
- Roofing – Shingles or ridge vent missing?
- Siding – Siding missing or torn? Any penetrations in the siding, examples are: vents for bath exhaust fans, vents for cooktop fans; penetrations for HVAC line set, and any plumbing.
- Decking – Any connections of the deck or deck supports to the structure.
HELP IS HERE!!!
A trusted partner in total restoration of your home, we at Got Rot NC are ready to assist you in repairing your largest investment! We have assembled a team of skilled professionals to include all facets of the restoration process.
With years of experience, trust Got Rot NC to save your investment! Call, text, or Complete our contact form below so we can help you with your restoration today!!